Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Card Disaster

SO I'm at work and I have a huge stack of holiday cards to send. I inquire about the nearest Post Office and discover it's close. My biz partner asks why - I explain and he INSISTS on sending one of the work guys over to do it. I'm not that high-maintenance but the allure of having someone else stand in line for stamps 3 days before Christmas is too irresistible. "Ok" - I mean really - how can someone screw this one up!

Well it turns out you can. Today I received several of my holiday cards - my first thought is RTS since there is no stamp. I flick the card over and discover that the stamp was put on the BACK of the card. And being so highfalutin I but my return address on the back on the card - in this case the card was sent right back to me at 42 cents a pop!

SO I round up my toddler and head to the Post Office - this time the line is out the door (did I mention I just did this the day before because I had forgotten a few cards?) The postal worker draws thick lines with markers through all the various barcodes etc. hands them back to me with instructions to write the address on the back of the card and return. One vegan chocolate chip cookie later I return the chocolate smeared, marked up, sticky cards with multiple addresses to the postal worker. All that just to save approximately $2.94 - I had the stamps in my purse the entire time but was too embarrassed to send out cards with a stamp on the front and the back - now I'm not sure what would have been worse oh well...

Thanks for listening...

No comments:

Post a Comment