So after the Christmas Card Disaster I take my almost 19 month old over to BCBG which happens to be her new favorite store. Not for the clothes but those enormous DISCO balls used for the holiday decorations. She just loves them and I figured she could use a little fun after our misadventure.
At first I'm not paying attention to the clothes, I typically don't shop there. But when she seizes bouncing up and down on the whitle leather chaise lounge and decides lying down underneath is far more interesting I start looking through the conveinently placed sale rack. Robo shopper takes over "MUST LOOK AT COATS>>>NOW". She's having fun - I'm having fun. I inquire about a mirror and I am led to the front of the store. I lure my child with the mention of big beautiful crystal balls, and it works. Only now we're near the entrance and I fear she'll make a run for it. I corral her away from the door unfortunately right toward the display window. It's too late, she squeals with delight and dodges amongst unstable blocks and teetering mannequins to the far corner of the display (no man's land). There she SCREAMS in excitement between the mannequins legs. Oh my GOD - I just want to die.
The sales lady on the verge of some sort of holiday meltdown tries explaining to her that it is "dangerous". Jeesh - you can't negotiate with a toddler. I can see the sales staff exchange nervous glances and roll their eyes - and ironically that would have been me before having children.
So I do what works best but not before stepping outside to get a full view of my jubilant toddler bouncing between the mannequin's legs (who happens to be donning a short green dress - resort wear) - anyway I pretend to go "bye bye" and out she comes holding a plastic crab used in the display (???)
I hope your holiday has been as interesting as mine - HAPPY HOLIDAYS. More to come - next a rant about my rabid chihuahua.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment